The Cheshire Lines Inn, Southport
The oldest pub in Southport with over 200 years of heritage
Serving Quality Real Ale's
Have you tried our very own locally-brewed 'Chesh Ale'?
Delicious home cooked food served daily
The Cheshire Lines is a Mecca for Food Lovers
Enter as a customer, leave as a local
The Cheshire Lines Inn
Opening over 200 years ago and being the oldest pub in Southport, The Cheshire Lines Inn boasts the fire hearth from the original Cheshire Lines bridge, which still roars during those chilly winter months.
Recently under new management, we have been awarded the cask marque accreditation and are proud to servce quality real ales such as our famous 'Chesh Ale' specifically made for us by our friends at the award winning Southport Brewery.
Available for Private Functions
The Cheshire Lines Inn is a fantastic venue for your private functions. Amazing food, drink, music, and entertainment can be provided, you just need to send out the invitations and we'll handle the rest!
- Weddings, Engagements & Anniversaries
- Funerals & Wakes
- Birthday Parties (Kids & Adults)
- Works Parties & Meetings
- Family Gatherings
- Sports & Social Club Meetings
Get in touch with us via the provided contact form or give us a call if you're looking for further information about availability and prices.
- Homemade Soup of the Day £3.50 Crusty bread and butter
- IPA battered fish goujons £4.50 Gem lettuce, red onion and tartare sauce
- Black Pudding Fritters £4.50 Mustard, Mayonaise & fresh apple slices
- Crispy Camembert £4.50 Red onion marmalade
- Creamy garlic mushrooms £4.00 Crusty bread
- King Prawn Kebab £5.00 Carrot, orange and sesame salad
- Corned Beef Hash Croquettes £4.50 Gem lettuce, red onion and bbq dipping sauce
- Steak and Ale Pie £7.50 Braised in rich ale gravy encased in pastry with mash or chips and fresh vegetables
- Stroganoff Mushroom - £6.50 | Chicken - £7.50 | Beef - £8.00 Served on a bed of fluffy rice, pan fried button mushrooms and onions in a brandy mustard cream sauce
- Cumberland Sausage & Mash £7.50 Cumberland ring on a bed of mash with fresh vegetables and rich gravy
- Beer Battered Fish & Chips £8.00 Fresh locally caught fish in our crispy IPA better served with homemade chips and your choice of peas, tartare sauce and lemon
- Liver and Onions £7.00 Lambs liver pan fried with onions and strips of bacon in a creamy sauce and served with mashed potato and fresh vegetables
- Steak Burger £7.50 Served in a brioche bun with red onion marmalade, smoked applewood cheese, chops and onion rings
- Cajun Chicken Burger £8.00 Served in a brioche bun with gem lettuce, red onion, salsa. Accompanied by chips and onion rings
- Breast of Lamb £8.50 Stuffed and slow cooked with mash and fresh vegetables
- Gammon Steak £8.50 With egg, pineapple, tomato, chips and peas
- Rump Steak £10.50 Chips, fresh vegetables, onion rings and tomato
- Spinach, courgette, cauliflower cheese bake £8.00 Served with garlic bread
- Ricotta Pasta £7.50 Bound in creamy tomato and spinach sauce
- Goats Cheese, Beetrot and Walnut £7.00
- Chicken Ceaser £7.50
- King Prawn £8.50
- Seared Steak £8.50
- Garlic Bread £2.00 | + Cheese £3.00 | + Tomato £3.00
- Homemade Chips £2.50
- Beer Battered Onion Rings £2.50
- House Salads £2.50
- Sweet Potato Fries £2.50
- Little Pigs £3.50
2 course £5.95
Menu available Monday to Saturday 11.30 until 4.30
- Black Pudding Fritters
- Smoked Mackerel
- Fresh Soup of the Day
- Beer Battered Fish, Chips & Peas
- Gammon, Egg and Chips
- Spinach Ravioli
- Fresh Fruit Pavlova
- Apple Pie
- Ice Cream
Fish Friday - 2 for £12
Delicious Fresh fish supplied by local fisherman/shrimper Kev Peet
Sunday Roasts - £6.50/£4.50
What we are famous for! Locally sourced fresh meats and poultry, seasonal vegetables and local spuds.
All of our produce is supplied by small, local, family businesses. Freshly delivered to our door daily to ensure it arrives at your table in prime condition #supportlocalbusinesses.
- Kellen Meats - Independent local butcher and sausage maker.
- Lancashire Produce - Freshly picked fruit and vegetables, by a small family business.
- Peets Plaice - Award winning fisherman, fishmonger and shrimper. Our fish are caught just off the coast of Southport.
- Southport Brewery - Traditional hand crafted beers made using Britsh hops in a micro brewery, established in 2004.
- Steven Rimmer Eggs - Eggs-emplary Eggs supplied to us directly from the farm.
- Bates Dairy - A family business established over 75 years providing fresh milk & dairy produce from cow to carton.
- Fiddlers Lancashire Crisps - Original crisps made using home grown potatoes, hand cooked using traditional Lancashire flavours.
Lovely quaint little cosy pub. Just how they should be. The here is one of the best I have ever eaten in a pub. All home made and fresh locally sourced. The Sunday Roast reminded me of 'mums cooking' ... beautiful. Drinks reasonably priced, efficient and friendly staff. Definitely recommend and will definitely be going back.
I eat out a lot. I eat out Sunday (lunch) roast a lot! This is THE BEST sunday roast in Southport, without a doubt, not the actual cheapest, you may pay a pound or two more, but please note it is well worth it. Fresh, hot great gravy... staff are so welcoming, a brilliant chef if you want to steer away from the roast. A pub atmosphere (hey! it's a pub) with good class restaurant standard food.
Had beautiful Sunday lunch, all home cooked vegetables. Bar staff very friendly and helpful. Added surprise, the most beautiful outdoor garden area. Chunky wooden seats, beautiful area, designed by the landlady, a gem of a find.
Mandy L (Stoke-on-Trent)
In Southport for a week and had lunch at Cheshire Lines on first day and couldn't believe how friendly all staff were. Food wonderful, prices amazing. I feel this place is a fantastic find... we have had meals or drinks in there each day. Thank you to all the staff for fantastic service, lots of smiles and a brilliant atmosphere.
Barbara M (Stoke-on-Trent)
It's so good to see so many good reviews for this wonderful little place. The landlady 'Queen Vic' really has thought of everything here... gorgeous home-cooked food, real ales, an excellent selection of Gin, all weekend entertainment, weekly quiz nights, a cosy open fire for the upcoming winter nights, a recently opened secret garden for those glorious summer nights & super friendly staff. Southport is very lucky, well done!
Myself and my husband visited for the first time today and we're veryhappy with the service from start to finish. We were greeted with happy welcoming staff and a burning fire. Nothing was too much trouble and they went above and beyond to ensure I had a vegetarian roast dinner. The food is your traditional homemade grub, very yummy and presentable. The overall experience was lovely and will definitely be returning.
Lynette M (Liverpool)
Open fire, great selection of gins, dog friendly, warm and sincere staff. Hands down the best pub in Southport, well worth a visit. The food is some of the best I have eaten in a pub.
This is a rarity in Southport - a genuinely historic building that pre-dates the 19th century resort. It is a genuine pub. The beer is Cask Marque accredited and the food is good. It is also a reasonably priced option with main courses around the £8 mark. I would go again when I revist Southport.